Because we are committed to sustainable development, we do everything we can to reduce the environmental footprint of our operations and inventory. Not only are we the leading manufacturer of bathroom products in North America, but we are also the first on the continent to be certified ECORESPONSIBLE. This honour recognizes our green initiatives in, among other areas, procurement, eco-design, life cycle analysis, manufacturing, recycling, and the development of new and emerging materials within a spirit of social responsibility.
Produits Neptune is also proud to have attained Level 2 of the Recyc-Québec ICI ON RECYCLE recognition program. The main objective of Level 2 – “Implementation” is to recognize institutions that have already implemented measures onsite to reduce, reuse, recycle, and recover materials, and thus are contributing to the establishment of waste management systems and information and awareness-raising activities. This level also aims to guide “ICI” participants towards optimizing their waste management performance.
- Demonstrate our commitment to sustainable development
- Be an ecoresponsible leader in our field
- We hold the issue of sustainable development close to our heart, and we innovate by reducing the ecological footprint of our activities and products.
- You make a conscious choice to benefit from our high-quality products that stand the test of time.
- Together, we strive to create a better future that is in complete harmony with nature.
A necessity. A pleasure. A pure responsibility.
- 83% reduction in work accidents since 2007
- Bathtub-turner implementation - 2009 CSST National Award
- Shower-turner implementation
- Packaging hoist installation
- Implementation / application of the lift-push machine.
- Installation of hydraulic package handling assist for bases, showers, and bathtubs.
- Installation of hydraulic loading dock platform.
- Resin reservoirs (elimination of transporting barrels)
- Very low employee turnover (less than 1%)
- Employee training program to obtain Secondary 5 equivalency diploma (40 hours of training)
- Establishment of the Joint Committee for Continuous Improvement in Sustainable and Environmental Development.
- Job creation, local subcontractors
- Acrylic and wood recycling
- Installation of LED lighting in the warehouse = reduction of energy consumption
- Robotization = reduction of resin quantity from products
- Planning improvements = reduction of 15,000 sq. ft. of surface storage and decrease in transport
- Recovery of heat from compressors to heat certain offices and loading docks.
- Electronic payment stubs for 90% of employees
- 16% decrease in volatile organic compounds (VOC) due to changes in raw materials
Back to top
- Printing of brochures and price lists on paper that is 100% recycled, 100% from Quebec
- Purchase of Cascade brown boxes (less ink), 80% recycled fibres
- Reduction and standardization of box dimensions.
- Recovery of waste water by installing a buffer tank for water testing in mounting systems
- Toilet including double waste system for 25% in water savings
- Air quality improvements:
- Ventilation and air quality (less than 50% of the standard)
- 60% reduction of styrene levels
- Recuperation of raw materials:
- Recovery containers in common and private areas (metal, glass, paper, cardboard, and plastic)
- Water dispenser (filtered)
- Use of recycled acetone (reduction of carbon levels)
- Installation of two charging stations for electric vehicules.